Sunday, January 19, 2014

The rough road ahead

I confess I am a slacker mom. It isn't for lack of trying but my three year old twins are still not potty trained. My first son was easy. No issues. No playing in the poop phase. The twins are a while different ball game. I feel like I have puppies in my house.AddieGrace just didn't care. I have tried bribery. Candy, make up (Yes I have a 33 year old diva trapped in a 3 yr olds body.), promising to do her room in princesses, getting her ears pierced.... Finally this past week it has partially clicked! 
Brayden on the other hand. Well he is Brayden. I can't count how many times I have cleaned up after he has played in his poop or peed everywhere. I have even made him clean up his own pee. Which I think back fired since the boy loves to clean.  I just go with the flow with him.

Now on to Emma Kate's paci. Hubby says it is time for it to go. I keep saying that is not a battle I am willing to get into right now.  She is after all only 22 months and very attached to her pap-pap.


We are also in the process of moving Emma Kate into the big girl room with AddieGrace and moving Brayden back into the room with Avery.  Last summer was a flop. Brayden and Avery would stay up and play. Brayden still woke up a ton at night. I am hoping that since he will be older this go round he might do better.   

Doing all this is going to take some work. Which is why I am so random and exhausted. I know they won't go to school without being potty trained and I know Emma Kate won't sport a pap-pap the rest of her life. I just feel pressured to get it all done. But, the kids will do it in their own time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment