Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How do they do that?

 I just don't get it. There are a ton of big families out there that home school, blog, keep a cleaner house than mine, and cook from scratch.
 HOW DO THEY DO IT????

I personally have the hardest time sitting at a computer. As I type right now I have a bouncing 6 month old in my lap. Earlier I had two three years old pulling on me and a 22 month old wanting my attention. I just can't understand how they do it? How they write huge long blogs every few days. I can't barely get out a paragraph or two. If you are a mom of many and read this please enlighten me in comments!

Also how do they have the time to organize homeschooling? I barely can figure out what to teach my pre- schoolers each day and let me tell you; some days they are taught nothing. We do talk about things each day like colors and shapes. But arts and crafts just don't always happen. Example: AddieGrace just came up to me and said,"I like butterflies". So we had a conversation about butterflies. How do you plan that? How in the world do you teach kids of varying ages each day what they need to know without one dominating?

And I am now getting interrupted again with a care bear necklace.


And my blogs are random.  I am on one topic to the next because I get interrupted so much. If I re-read and re-typed everything I'd never blog. Which some of you are thinking, "Please stop the blogging!"
I know I know random at it's finest,




Back on topic here.  How are they cooking from scratch?
I tried to home make buttermilk biscuits last night. As is the usual husband was outside so I had all the younger kids (4 of them) with me. I had to break up fights, screaming matches, kids running off with stuff, etc...     Then I get the "I want to eat eat". My kids don't say it, they YELL it.  (Now they are fighting over a chair.) I can barely cook hot dogs (Brayden just climbed on me.)  Let alone anything that requires thought. I have cooked things and let ingredients out and we have had to suffer through the meal.



Cleaning. I swear I do it. I do it a lot during the day. So why does my house look like a tornado went through it?  I vacuum ALL THE TIME.  (Brayden is fake sneezing all over my keyboard and Anna is tugging at my shirt. Emma Kate is handing me a sock.)    I am constantly cleaning up spills, pee, food and whatever else these babies do during the day. My husbands gets home and wonders why I haven't done anything all day. Nice huh?


So please my fellow momma's tell me how you do it? (Now to get the baby that is tugging on me.)

2 comments:

  1. Frozen dinners can be excellent for easy dinners. Pizzas are usually a win. For easy hot dogs, microwave-zap some water and stick them in there, ignore until ready.
    Some good preschool websites:
    www.jacobslessons.com
    www.starfall.com
    Good luck! Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have done pizza's and hotdogs for dinner. But we can't do a whole month of them:) I try to do healthy most of the time. I know I can't do it 100%. I need to start cutting up veggies when I get them instead of waiting the night we have salad. Cutting all the veggies at one time takes up to an hour. Thank you for the links to the preschool sites. I will check those out!

      Delete