Thursday, January 30, 2014

Common Core

The more I read about Common Core the more upset I get. I do live in a state where it is implemented. The kids used to bring home spelling words. It has been phased out. I make my children read at least 15 minutes a day but only the 1st grader is required to do so, at least that is how it is right now. The 1st grader also bring home math based on base ten. I have no issue with that right now. When it gets more complicated... I might have an issue. I will end up having to teach my children simple stacking because who is going to balance their check book using base ten? 

A lot of things about this upsets me. I am for having standards across the country. That isn't a bad idea. I just wonder why the U.N. is involved in American education. 

Right here it is:
http://www.esdtoolkit.org/esd_toolkit_v2.pdf
page ten last two paragraphs.


I have a big family. I have birthed five children. I have one step child. I have gone to college. Thank you for the stereo type. 

Now I am about to stereo type our government. I think most of the are idiots. They are either spoiled rich people or they were once normal people but on the way forgot what normal was. I see our country falling apart. It's sad but we are raising children who aren't going to be able to simple math without making a huge problem out of it. Children who do not know how to sign their own name in cursive. (How are they going to sign binding legal documents?)  Children who are going to be put on career paths in 6th grade. (I'd be a preacher right now people. Those of you who know me know that is not a bright idea. I'd never sleep for worrying about the people who were in my church.) 

There are just so many issues with CC. So many I can't cover them all. 

I know I could home school. But, I think the woman who do are amazing woman, I can't handle that right now. I am not organized enough. I soon may have to get organized though.  


I will get reading and researching and praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment