Saturday, May 31, 2014

Climbing high

I guess I saw it coming but just didn't let it sink in.

I have a climber. An 11 month old climber.

It started off small. She climbed into little kiddie chairs. Climbed up on me while we sat. Try to nurse upside down. Climbed up the porch steps. I really just did not think much about it. Until.....

She climbed up the rock wall on the big kids play equipment. Oh no we are in trouble.  I hung out clothing and I had just looked back to check were the kids were. (We are fenced in the back yard.)  I turned back around and hung two items of clothing on the line. Turned back around and BAM there was my sweet little baby girl half way up the rock wall. I promptly took her down and put in her in the swing.

Next item she climbed was the recliner. She didn't just stop at the seat. Oh no that would be too easy. She climbed onto the top back of the seat. Lesson learned not to leave the room with her in it.


My desk top isn't immune either. Let to go potty and she was on top of my lap top. She learned how to make the mouse disappear.... Was not fun rebooting and figuring out how to make it reappear. (I'm not computer savvy people.)


Finally scare mom moment was when she climbed up on the big people chairs onto the kitchen table. I will never go potty again without her.


The question is how in the world do you stop her?  I don't really think there is a way. She is going to have to learn on her own like all the other kiddos. I'm sure falling is in our future. It happens. We haven't had any broken bones yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment